How to Fix ‘A Startdocprinter Call Was not Issued’ Error?
- September 22, 2022
When you try to print a document in Microsoft Word, you may receive the error message ‘A Startdocprinter Call Was Not Issued’. This error can be caused by a variety of factors, including incorrect printer settings, outdated printer drivers, or a corrupt printer driver. Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to fix this error.
If you see the error message “A Startdocprinter Call Was not Issued,” it means that you have not initialized your printer correctly. This can be caused by a number of factors, but the most common is simply forgetting to include the correct code in your program. In this article, we’ll show you how to fix this error so you can get your printer up and running again.
The first thing you need to do is check your code. Make sure that you have included a call to StartDocPrinter() before any other printing functions. This function starts the print spooler, which is required for printing. If you don’t have this function, your printer will not work.
Once you’ve verified that your code includes the StartDocPrinter() function, you need to make sure that it is being called correctly. This function requires two parameters: a handle to the printer and a pointer to a DOCINFO structure. The DOCINFO structure contains information about the document, such as the title and author.
If you’re not sure how to set up the DOCINFO structure, you can find example code in the Microsoft documentation. Once you have the structure set up correctly, you should be able to print without any problems.
If you’re still having trouble, it’s possible that your printer is not compatible with the StartDocPrinter() function. In this case, you’ll need to find an alternative printing function that is compatible with your printer. Consult your printer’s documentation for more information.
What Causes the Error?
The “A Startdocprinter Call Was not Issued” error is typically caused by one of two things: either the printer is not properly connected to the computer, or the printer driver is not installed correctly.
If the printer is not properly connected to the computer, the first thing you should do is check the cable connections. Make sure the printer is properly plugged into an electrical outlet, and that the USB cable is securely connected to both the printer and the computer.
If the printer is properly connected, but the driver is not installed correctly, you will need to uninstall the current driver and then reinstall it. To do this, go to the “Device Manager” in the Windows Control Panel and find the listing for your printer. Right-click on the listing and select “Uninstall.” Once the driver is uninstalled, you can then reinstall it by going to the manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest driver.
How to Fix the Error
If you see the error message “A Startdocprinter call was not issued,” it means that your computer is having trouble communicating with the printer. This can be caused by a number of things, including a loose connection, outdated drivers, or a problem with the printer itself.
Here are a few things you can try to fix the error:
1. Check the printer’s connection to the computer. Make sure the cable is plugged in securely and that the printer is turned on.
2. Update the printer drivers. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model of printer.
3. Restart the printer. This can sometimes clear up communication issues.
4. Contact the printer’s manufacturer. If you’ve tried all of the above and the error persists, there may be a problem with the printer itself. Contact the manufacturer for troubleshooting assistance.
Tips to Prevent the Error
If you are encountering the “A Startdocprinter Call Was not Issued” error, there are a few things you can do to prevent it from happening:
1. Make sure that you have called the StartDocPrinter function before attempting to print. This function initializes the printer driver and starts a new print job.
2. If you are using a print spooler, make sure that you have configured it correctly. The print spooler must be running in order to print.
3. Make sure that the printer you are using is connected and turned on.
4. If you are using a network printer, make sure that the network connection is stable.
5. Check the printer settings to make sure that the printer is configured correctly.
6. Try printing a test page to see if the printer is working correctly.
7. If you are still encountering the error, try restarting your computer and printer.
If you encounter the “A Startdocprinter Call Was not Issued” error, there are a few potential solutions you can try. First, check to see if your printer is properly connected to your computer. If it is, then try restarting both your printer and your computer. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling your printer’s drivers. If you’re still having trouble, you may need to contact your printer’s manufacturer for further assistance.
If you’re still having trouble with the “A Startdocprinter Call Was not Issued” error, there are a few other things you can try.
First, make sure that you’re using the latest drivers for your printer. Older drivers can sometimes cause this error. You can usually find the latest drivers on your printer manufacturer’s website.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, try resetting the printing system. This can be done by going to the “Print and Fax” section of System Preferences and clicking the “Reset” button.
Finally, if all else fails, you may need to contact your printer manufacturer for further assistance.